Boss KTN-AIR Katana Air Wireless Guitar Combo Amplifier
The BOSS Katana-Air is a portable combo amplifier that allows you to take 30W of stereo guitar tone with you wherever you may roam. Simply plug the included wireless transmitter into your guitar, dial in your favorite tone (with five models on hand, there’s many to choose from), and you’re ready to go.
If you want, you can load high-quality, BOSS-style effects into your chain utilizing a corresponding app for iOS and Android devices; this app, which gives you full control over the amplifier—as well as access to a bevy of choruses, delays, reverbs, and more—can organize your favorite amp setups and beam them straight into the Katana-Air over Bluetooth. If you want to leave the phone at home, you can load up to six user presets in the amplifier itself, and cycle between them at will.
The included transmitter can be recharged straight from a docking station conveniently located in the amp when not in use. Moreover, it utilizes motion sensing technology to switch the whole rig into standby when you’re not playing, and to wake back up instantly when you are. Lasting approximately 10 hours on eight AA batteries, the rig can rock and/or roll for a while before you need to restock on batteries. Or, you can use the included AC adapter to plug into the wall, if that’s your preference.
Connections are on hand for wired devices by means of an auxiliary input, and a stereo headphone jack lets you practice silently in stereo or record to your favorite app or DAW. For more information, please peruse the features section.
- Key Features at a Glance
- Wireless guitar amplifier with proprietary BOSS transmitter for guitar
- Low-latency operation
- Custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar and charges while docked in the amp
- Transmitter provides 12 hours of playing time on a single charge
- Transmitter automatically enters standby mode to conserve the charge when no activity is detected
- Motion sensing transmitter instantly wakes the amp from power-saving standby mode
- Tones derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, with five unique amp characters and access to over 50 BOSS effects
- Six onboard memory slots for storing amp and effects setups
- 2 x 3" speakers for up to 30W of stereo power (20W, battery-powered)
- Edit/organize tones with the BOSS Tone Studio app for iOS and Android mobile devices
- Play along with music streamed wirelessly from a mobile device via Bluetooth
- Amplifier powered by 8 x AA-size batteries or included AC adapter
- Auxiliary input for wired devices
- Headphones/recording output for silent practice and music production
- With its Katana sound engine and wireless operation, the Katana-Air facilitates portable playing and practice. When you want to jam at home, there's no need to set up your big rig or rely on the dry, boxy sound of a mini practice amp. Just plug the Katana-Air's transmitter into your guitar and riff with great sound from anywhere in the room! Thanks to its portable size and ability to run on batteries, the Katana-Air is an equally great companion for travel, parties, jam sessions with friends, busking (where legal), and more.
- In-House Wireless Technology
- The Katana-Air uses low-latency digital-wireless guitar technology developed by BOSS to provide transparent sound without any lag or dropouts. The included custom wireless transmitter plugs into any electric guitar, and has indicators for power and battery status. A convenient docking port in the amp charges the battery in the transmitter, providing up to 12 hours of total playing time per charge.
- Intelligent Standby
- The Katana-Air operates in standby mode to conserve energy when idle, and instantly wakes when the transmitter senses motion. This means that you can leave the transmitter connected to your guitar, and then turn the amp on simply by picking up the instrument. Conversely, when you stop playing, the transmitter returns to standby mode to conserve your charge. The transmitter also establishes the best wireless connection automatically when you dock it for charging, so there's no complicated setup required.
- Amp and Effects Tones
- Equipped with the same tones and sound-shaping controls found in larger Katana amplifiers, the Katana-Air offers timbres for any style. Five amp characters provide a wide range of tones, from sparkling clean to a custom, high-gain Brown sound evocative of a Marshall stack. There's even an Acoustic character optimized for playing acoustic/electric guitar. The amp also provides integrated access to over 50 BOSS effects, including modulations, delays, and reverb effects optimized for the Katana-Air's stereo speaker system. With six onboard memories, you can store and recall your favorite amp and effects setups at any time.
- Compatible with BOSS Tone Studio for iOS & Android
- Available for both iOS and Android devices, a dedicated BOSS Tone Studio app gives you complete control of the Katana-Air right from your smartphone or tablet. You're able to adjust all the amp's panel controls, as well as access effects types and routings solely available from the app. You can also save setups to the amp's memories, organize sound libraries on your device, and download free patch collections directly from BOSS Tone Central. The app corresponds with the amp over Bluetooth
- Listen and Play
- The Katana-Air is a true stereo amplifier with two custom-tuned speakers and capable of delivering up to 30W of total power. Thus, it can give you a big, rich sound for full-range music reproduction as well as guitar amplification. Over Bluetooth, you can stream music from your mobile device and play along with popular songs, backing tracks, YouTube lessons, and more. And when you just want to kick back, the Katana-Air performs double-duty as a high-quality mobile Bluetooth speaker for enjoying tunes from your music library.
- Silent Practice or Recording
- The Katana-Air also includes a stereo headphones/recording output with guitar cabinet simulation. This lets you directly record the amp in your favorite app of DAW, or enjoy inspiring stereo sound when practicing quietly with headphones. It's even possible to adjust the cab simulation's mic position with the Air Feel control in the BOSS Tone Studio app.