What information do we collect and how do we use it?
- When you order from The Guitar Factory, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process your order and notify you of your order status.
- When you enter a contest or other promotion, we ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can enter you in the contest and notify the winners.
- We can also use the information collected to notify you about important changes to the web site, new services, and special offers.
- Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart.
When you place orders from our website, we use a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. In addition, all of the customer data we collect is protected against unauthorized access.
We also follow these additional principles of Privacy:
- We do not use any information about pages you visit on our site or the Web, and we do not give it out to others.
- We do not give out your telephone number, credit card information, or any other information we collect.
- We use secure technology, privacy protection controls and restrictions on employee access in order to safeguard your personal information.
- We keep you informed on this page about our privacy policies.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies contain NO personally identifying information, but they do enable us to store items in your shopping cart between visits. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent that. Even without a cookie, you can still use most of the features in our store, including placing items in your shopping cart and purchasing them.
Will The Guitar Factory disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
The Guitar Factory does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
The Guitar Factory is committed to safeguarding your privacy. To that end, we employee security measures and ensure limited access to account information. Here's some important facts about our Privacy Practices:
Our E-mail Procedures Protect your Privacy:
- Your e-mail address is the only information maintained on our secure servers. We do not store personal identity or account information on our mailing list.
- We do not sell, rent, or share your e-mail or personal information for any reason.
- You can update your e-mail address or unsubscribe at any time by contacting us via e-mail or telephone.
- We use SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to ensure the highest level of security for online transactions. All sensitive information (credit cards, phone numbers, addresses, etc.) is completely encrypted for safe and secure transfer to our website.
- Our technologies and operating procedures are updated as needed to ensure they always meet the highest industry standards. Our site is hacker safe.
Secure Shopping With The Guitar FactoryYou can shop at The Guitar Factory with confidence. We have partnered with Authorize.Net , a leading payment gateway since 1996, to accept credit cards and electronic check payments safely and securely for our customers.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
The Guitar Factory is registered with the Authorize.Net Verified Merchant Seal program. Feedback
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy. Please send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org