Washburn Americana Series B17K-D 5 String Banjo Sunburst
Brand New. Not available for curbside pickup.
The Americana Series B17K-D is a (5 String) banjo with a Flame Maple resonator and Maple rim, and one piece flange . It features a maple neck, 11" diecast tension hoop, Bell Brass tone ring, clamshell tailpiece, engraved gold armrest, all 5 geared Planetary tuners and separate coordinator rods. Comes strung with DAddario strings. Beautiful Tobacco Sunburst Gloss finish.
- 5 String Banjo with Flame Maple Resonator and Maple Rim
- D'Addario J60+light gauge nickel strings
- Planetary Gold tuners
- Ebony tipped maple bridge for pristine articulation and an engraved gold armrest adds to playing comfort
- Authentic Remo head
Traditional styling and tonewoods for great banjo tone
Thanks to the use of traditional tonewoods and design, the Washburn B17 5-string banjo gives you the punchy, plucky banjo sound you want. The flame maple resonator not only looks good but increases the volume and projection of your banjo. Let your fingers fly across the bound ebony fretboard and comfortable maple neck. The resonator-backed Washburn B17 5-string banjo gives you great tone and feel at an affordable price.
Resonator-backed banjos provide classic banjo tones
If you want that traditional bluegrass sound, then you want a banjo with a resonator. The Washburn B17's flame maple resonator gives you a brighter tone and great projection associated with bluegrass. Combine this with the Remo head and the ebony-topped maple bridge, and you have an instrument ready for any gig or jam session. The bell brass tone ring gives your sound extra punch, volume, and tone. Quality planetary tuners give you rock-solid tuning every time.
Washburn has been producing fretted instruments since 1883
With humble beginnings in Chicago dating back to the 1880s, Washburn is an American institution in musical instrument manufacturing. From guitars to mandolins, banjos, ukuleles, and more, Washburn has long been a recognized and cherished brand among musicians. Many of the biggest names in folk, blues, and rock 'n' roll have played these well-crafted, quality instruments. Washburn combines quality construction with premium materials to deliver an instrument that's ready to perform on any stage.
Body & Construction
- Body Wood: Flame Maple
- Top Wood: Remo
- Back Wood: Flame Maple
- Sides: Flame Maple
- Type: Americana Instruments
- Style: Banjo
- Neck Wood: Maple (engraved heel & back of headstock)
- Fretboard: Ebony
- Number Of Frets: 22 frets
- Inlays: Fancy
- Nut: ABS
- Nut Width: 1-1/4
- Scale: 26-3/8
- Hardware: Gold Hardware
- Bridge: Maple with Ebony tip
- Tuners: Planetary Gold
- Color: Tobacco Sunburst
- Finish: Gloss finish
- Strings: D'Addario J60+ light gauge nickel
- Additional Info: Flame Maple resonator and maple rim, one piece flange, 11" diecast tension hoop, Bell Brass tone ring, Clamshell tailpiece, engraved gold armrest, all 5 geared Planetary tuners and separate coordinator rods.